Vauxoo is a 100% Latin American software company where we work to provide the best software solutions. We are a talented and dynamic team that combines different accents and styles to achieve great things. We are looking for passionate and unconventional people who want to join our team.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer, who has a natural inkling to build business applications and interesting apps in order to improve our development model. You want to excel at software development and building amazing services for people. You enjoy coding by hand as well as using frameworks. You’ve worked with cross-disciplinary teams and enjoyed it. And you’re full of ideas.
• You develop apps/scripts/features that your team need and users enjoy.
• You work on a certain framework or existing apps.
• You bring quality and real value to the projects you are involved in.
• Deploying, automating, maintaining, and managing cloud based production systems, to ensure the availability, performance, scalability, and security of productions systems.
• Build, release, and configuration management of production systems.
• System troubleshooting and problem-solving across platform and application domains.
• Suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements.
• KEnsuring critical system security through the use of best in class cloud security solutions.
Must have skills:
• You have previous programming experience in Python.
• DB Skills: Basic DB administration experience (Postgres).
• Agile Methodologies: Experience with Agile software development, project management methodologies.
• Version Control: Experience administrating version control systems such as Git.
• Networking: Understanding network topologies and common network protocols and services (DNS, HTTP(S), SSH, FTP, SMTP).
• Proficient in English (written and read).
• Contributions to Open Source projects.
• GitHub user, with projects (Or any public VCS).
• Unix/Linux platform knowledge.
• Basic Odoo knowledge.
• Docker or LXC knowledge.
• Nginx or Apache knowledge.
What do we offer?:
• 100% remote work.
• Flexible schedule: Opportunity to establish your own work schedule following the guidelines established by Vauxoo.
• Vauxoo Benefits: Psychological care, Book Club, and a few more things.
• A great team of very smart people in a friendly and open culture.
• Functional and technical Odoo training.
• Huge hours of Python development.
• A nice working atmosphere in a young and passionate team.
• A great experience in state-of-the-art web technologies and agile development.
• The opportunity to join the most important public Odoo contributor (Vauxoo).
• No solution architect, no business analyst, no Gantt chart, etc.
• Basic Odoo knowledge.
• A full-time job with an attractive economic welfare package, where the limits are only yours.
• Law benefits: IMSS, bonds and all the benefits of Mexican law.
• Vauxoo Benefits: Free psychological care, one free book per month in the Reading Club, refresher courses/training, and a few more things.
A day at Vauxoo
At Vauxoo we carry open source culture deep in our hearts, we are open and we like to share our knowledge with others. We are not a conventional company, nor do we want to become one. The members of our team tend to have many roles and support each other regardless of the area in which they work. We like to do great things and we expect the same from you. We transform remote work into a fun and balanced experience. You will learn a lot and grow fast, which is just one of the many perks of being a DevOps Engineer developer at Vauxoo.